The Public are invited to apply for the following vacation positions at the Office of The Public Service Commission:-
- Two(2) Assistant Secretaries for Human Resource and Performance Management Division - Level 9 ($17,277 - $26,044)
- One (1) Assistant Secretary for Human Resource and Organiztional Review Division - Level 9 ($17,277 - $26,044)
Interested applicants are required to submit their applications together with CVs, transcripts and relevant documents addressed to the CEO of the Public Service Commission, Nuku'alofa and to be received no later than 4:30 PM, Monday 04 August, 2014..
(Updated: 16 July, 2014)
Output 5 of the PSC Office pertaining to the Performance Management System reads as follows:
"Facilitate a government wide understanding of the use of Performance Management System (PMS) and its competencies for decision making and development in the public service"
In light of the above, the PSC Office forwarded a submission to the Public Service Commission proposing activities to facilitate implementation of the Performance Management System across the Public Service. The Commission's direction was approved through Public Service Commission Decision (PSCD) No. 61 of 14 February 2014.
In accordance with the above stated PSCD, the PSC Office carried out the following:
(1) Set up of a PMS Sub-Committee consisting of senior manager(s) from line Ministries who were nominated by their respective CEO;
(2) Scheduled a recapitulation of PMS Awareness Trainings to be provided to all government ministries and agencies.
The Public Service (Amendment) Bill 2010 was gazetted and effective from 27 September, 2010. Further reviews were undertaken which resulted in Cabinet approving the following on 8 December, 2010:
1. Public Service (Disciplinary Procedures) (Amendment) Regulations, 2010;
2. Public Service (Grievance and Dispute Procedures) (Amendment) Regulations, 2010;
3. Code of Ethics and Conduct for the Public Service, 2010;
4. Public Service Policy 2010;
The Public Service Policy Instructions, 2010 was approved by the Public Service Commission on 17 January, 2011 and became effective on the same date.