The Government of Tonga’s strategic vision for the future delivery of public services is aimed at streamlining its organizational platform to better deliver more efficient and effective public services for the people of Tonga. To help achieve this aim, the Government of Tonga seeks to appoint a Chief Executive Officer for the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources.
Applications are welcomed from individuals who possess outstanding strategic thinking capacity, demonstrated leadership capability and superior management skills. Government CEOs are integral in supporting a productive and sustainable Public Service as Tonga continues its path towards constitutional reform. The CEO role is particularly suited to individuals who are commercially focused, skilled in supporting innovation and providing direction to substantial change management initiatives at the policy, systems and process levels.
The role will work closely with the responsible Minister and central agencies, not only as Chief Executive Officer, but also in defining and developing major organizational reforms aimed at optimizing the return on Government’s investment in services and programs. High orders of communication, negotiation and influencing skills are essential, as is a demonstrated track record of effective resource management.
Essential skills required of the advertised CEO role will be to:
- Provide the Minister with high quality policy and program development advice
- Drive strategic planning and resource management accountabilities
- Provide executive direction to professional, technical and operational teams
- Identify improvements in service delivery and efficiencies in cost to government
- Lead implementation of organizational & system changes to improve productivity
- Model cross-Ministry and whole of government collaboration to ensure high standards of communication and customer service
"Our Minimum is Excellence"
Office of the Public Service Commission | Volume 13 | January 2017
The PSC Office and its PMS Team would like to wish all the Line Ministries and relevant stakeholders a Happy New Year. 2017 is the year of the Rooster in the Chinese Calendar and the lucky color for 2017 is yellow. The Rooster symbolizes punctuality, honesty and diligence, and we wish to carry on this spirit in our work efforts for 2017.
INSIDE THIS ISSUE:
- New CEO’s undergo Induction
- Line Ministries Quarterly report submissions
- Analysis of Line Ministry Quarterly reports
- MAFFF status check re-evaluation
- Rating Training for PMO
- PMS Information Sessions for MFA and MIA
- PMS Consultations with Fisheries and Justice
- PMS Assistance for HMAF
- PSC Office Farewell
PMS Information Article
The Office of the Public Service Commission and the PMS Team extends its heartfelt thank you to all the Line Ministries for their ongoing co-operation throughout 2016. Without the support and assistance provided from the Line Ministries – the CEOs, Head Of Divisions, and especially the PMS Sub-committee members, we would not have been able to achieve our goals for this year.
This last information article for 2016 is dedicated to all our hard-working counterparts from all the Line Ministries across the Public Service. We wish you a Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year ahead!
May our spirit of co-operation blossom and keep on flourishing in 2017!