Public Servants are invited to apply for the following vacant positions at the Tonga Bureau of Statistics
1. Statistician/Tourist Officer - Level 9
2. Senior Statistical Assistant (Foreign Trade Statistics) - Level 9
3. Senior Statistical Assistant (Social Statistics) - Level 9
4. Statistical Clerk Grade 2 (Foregin Trade Statistics) Level 13
All applications must be submitted together with relevant supporting documents, CVs and endorsed by the respective Head of Departments and to received by the office of the Government Statistician no later than 4:30 PM, Friday 20 December 2013.
For details and JDs please contact Mrs Siosi'ana Fisi'inaua on 23-300/23-913 or contact the main office at Nuku'alofa.
Centralization of Government public services in outer islands
Cabinet Decision No. 306 of 20 April, 2011 approved the following:
i. "That Government public services (except Health and Education) be centralized in the Outer Islands as follows:
ii. That the Public Service Commission Office and the Ministry of Finance be tasked with the implementation of (i) above with effect from the date of Cabinet Decision."
This refers to the centralization of all human resource matters and financial matters for the Public Services in the outer islands (except Health and Education) under the Governor's Office (or Government Representative's Office, whichever applies) and Sub Treasury respectively. The purpose of this consolidation exercise is to ensure that there is a centralized body which provides the daily supervision of all public servants in the outer islands with regards to leave management, personal files, Government vehicles etc.
The Public Service (Amendment) Bill 2010 was gazetted and effective from 27 September, 2010. Further reviews were undertaken which resulted in Cabinet approving the following on 8 December, 2010:
1. Public Service (Disciplinary Procedures) (Amendment) Regulations, 2010;
2. Public Service (Grievance and Dispute Procedures) (Amendment) Regulations, 2010;
3. Code of Ethics and Conduct for the Public Service, 2010;
4. Public Service Policy 2010;
The Public Service Policy Instructions, 2010 was approved by the Public Service Commission on 17 January, 2011 and became effective on the same date.