Solicitor General, Office of The Attorney General
The Government of Tonga’s strategic vision for the future delivery of public services is aimed at streamlining its organizational platform to better deliver more efficient and effective public services for the people of Tonga. To help achieve this aim, the Government of Tonga seeks to appoint a Chief Executive Officer (Solicitor General) for the Office of the Attorney General.
The Public are invited to apply for the following vacation positions at the Office of The Public Service Commission:-
- Two(2) Assistant Secretaries, Human Resource and Performance Management Division - Level 9 ($17,277 - $26,044)
- One (1) Assistant Secretary, Human Resource and Organiztional Review Division - Level 9 ($17,277 - $26,044)
- Two (2) Drivers, Corporate Services Division - Level 14A/13A ($5,763 - $9129)
All applicants must submit their applications together with the following;
- Assistant Secretary positions - A CV plus certificates, transcript and other relevant documents;
- Driver positions - A CV, relevant documents and a copy of valid driver's license
and addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Office Of The Public Service Commission and to be received no alter than 4:30 PM, Monday 04 August, 2014.
Public Servants who wish to apply must submit their applications with endorsement of their respective Chief Executive Officers.
(Updated: 16 July, 2014)
Output 5 of the PSC Office pertaining to the Performance Management System reads as follows:
"Facilitate a government wide understanding of the use of Performance Management System (PMS) and its competencies for decision making and development in the public service"
In light of the above, the PSC Office forwarded a submission to the Public Service Commission proposing activities to facilitate implementation of the Performance Management System across the Public Service. The Commission's direction was approved through Public Service Commission Decision (PSCD) No. 61 of 14 February 2014.
In accordance with the above stated PSCD, the PSC Office carried out the following:
(1) Set up of a PMS Sub-Committee consisting of senior manager(s) from line Ministries who were nominated by their respective CEO;
(2) Scheduled a recapitulation of PMS Awareness Trainings to be provided to all government ministries and agencies.